Di is a qualified lawyer and has practiced in Christchurch, Hamilton and Timaru. She is an experienced mediator and facilitator, and has assisted many clients to establish new working relationships following commercial and family conflict.
Di has a Bachelor of Laws (Otago) and a Diploma in Business Studies (Dispute Resolution) (Massey). She is an Associate and Family Dispute Resolution Panel Member of the Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand (AMINZ). She is also a member of the RESOLUTION INSTITUTE and a CINERGY® trained Conflict Coach. During her studies Di was awarded the Massey University Communication in Dispute Resolution Award.
Di was a member of one of the original teams tasked with developing the government funded Family Dispute Resolution Scheme in New Zealand, and frequently undertakes Family Court directed mediations. She has also managed a significant number of earthquake related facilitations in the Canterbury area.
Di has worked with the Department of Trade and Industry in the United Kingdom as an Investigator with the Insolvency Service, and as a Contract Lawyer with the Companies Investigations Branch of the Company Law and Investigations Directorate.
Di lives in Christchurch with her husband and three children.
Clients and lawyers who’ve worked with Di say:
- “I was really pleased with the day’s work Di. I honestly feel it may stand the test of time, well done, I don’t think every mediator could have got that sort of agreement…I look forward to working with you again.”
- “We really appreciated your empathy, insight and professionalism yesterday. It gave us hope.”
- “Thank you so much Di… I really don’t know how you did that and I just can’t thank you enough!”
- “I thought you did a great job … I didn’t find it nearly as awkward as I thought it would be”
- Thank you so much Di. The mediation and your help was just what we needed, I’ve talked with [the other party] and we are both really happy with the agreement and outcome of it all.”
Matthew began his legal career in Christchurch and holds dual qualifications as a New Zealand and English Solicitor. In addition to his work as a full time Commercial Mediator with Resolution Partners, Matthew acts as an independent adjudicator and mediator in ACC appeals.
Matthew is an Associate of the Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand (AMINZ) and an accredited mediator at the RESOLUTION INSTITUTE. He has advised commercial and government clients on a range of employment disputes. He advised on the merger of the UK Commissions for Racial Equality, Disability Rights and Equal Opportunities, and acted for the Equality and Human Rights Commission in London.
Over the past decade Matthew has developed significant expertise in Assisted Dispute Resolution (ADR). Matthew has an insightful and resourceful approach to mediating disputes, and recognises the importance of relationships in moving parties from a point of impasse to an agreement that resolves the dispute.
Matthew lives in Christchurch with his wife and three boys.